How does it work?
We know that students don’t exactly have a lot of spare cash. If you’re a student or you have graduated within the last 4 years you may be eligible to receive up to $750* off your next vehicle.
To participate, simply visit a local Chevrolet, Buick, GMC dealership. They’ll be able to answer any and all questions regarding down payments, trade-ins, combining offers and more.
Frequently Asked Questions:
The Student Bonus is open to eligible individuals who:
- Are full-time high school students.
- Have graduated** within the last 4 years from a recognized high school.
- Are part-time*** or full-time students who are enrolled in an accredited college, CEGEP, university or apprenticeship program.
- Have graduated** within the last 4 years from. an accredited college, CEGEP, university or apprenticeship program.
- Are part-time*** or full-time students of an Adult and Vocational program.
- Have graduated** within the last 4 years from an accredited part-time or full-time Adult and Vocational program.
How do I participate in the Student Bonus discount?
- If you’re eligible, call or web chat us to redeem.
* Eligible students or recent graduates receive a Student Bonus credit of $500 or $750 (tax inclusive) (credit amount depends on vehicle purchased) to use towards the purchase or lease of one eligible new 2020 or 2021 Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac vehicle delivered between January 3rd, 2020 – January 4th, 2021. Excludes Chevrolet Bolt and Volt. Vehicle must be registered solely in name of applicant (but contracts may be co-signed) for a minimum of six months and 12,000 kilometres. Limit of one vehicle purchase, finance or lease per eligible individual in his/her lifetime; offer not available to recipients of any previous GM student/graduate offer. Limited time offer, which replaces certain prior GM offers and may not be combined with certain current GM offers. Void where prohibited by law. General Motors of Canada Company may modify, extend or terminate this offer in whole or in part at any time without notice. For full program details, including participant and vehicle eligibility, please visit your local dealer or call 1-800-GM-DRIVE.
ºApplicant must be a legal resident of Canada of age of majority in their province or territory of residence at time of application with a valid Canadian Driver's Licence. Individuals must meet the eligibility and other offer requirements during the offer period. Limited to institutions in or outside Canada as currently approved or recognized by General Motors of Canada Company. See your dealer for eligible institutions. As part of the transaction, dealer may request eligibility documentation and will contact GM Canada to verify eligibility. Determination of full-time status at discretion of GM Canada as determined through supporting documentation. For full program details, please visit your local Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac dealer or call 1-800-GM-DRIVE.
** For graduates, the 4-year eligibility period will be measured from the date shown on the graduate's diploma.
*** Working towards a degree or diploma for a program consisting of the equivalent of two years or 16 months of study.
Note: A student is eligible only once in his/her lifetime.